If you’re a gamer, you’ve probably used Asus’ ROG phone at some point in your life. It’s a phone that’s designed to prioritize power over all else, and is a staple among high-end gaming laptops. But there’s a new version of ROG phone, and it’s not your typical gaming phone.
First things first, the Asus ROG Phone 3 is an awesome phone. You can thank Asus for that, as they co-designed the phone with gaming powerhouse Razer. It’s also an amazing Android smartphone.
The Asus ROG Phone is finally getting stable Android 11 update. The Asus ROG Phone launched in 2017 as a high-performance gaming device with a top-tier Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor and an excellent back-mounted fingerprint reader. However, the device has been plagued by software bugs and stability issues, which seems a bit ironic considering the device is basically a gaming phone with flagship specs. The company didn’t skip a beat and partnered with Google in the early months of 2018 to update the ROG Phone to Android Oreo.
Asus has been testing a beta version of Android 11 on the ROG Phone 3 for a few months now. Users of the Asus ROG Phone 3 are allegedly getting the stable Android 11 version now. The update is currently in a rolling phase; it is already live in Taiwan, and we can expect it to roll out to other locations in the next days. The most recent version includes a host of new features, enhancements, and bug fixes. You can find everything you need to know about the Asus ROG Phone 3 Android 11 Update right here.
In Taiwan, Asus has released the latest update for the ROG Phone 3 with the version number WW-18.0410.2105.133; the whole build is roughly 2.7GB in size. The first significant OS upgrade for Asus’s gaming smartphone from last year has begun. Because this is a large update, it will take longer to download than regular OTA patches, so make sure you have a solid Wi-Fi connection.
Talking about the features and changes, then the update comes with basic Android 11 features, such as, Chat Bubbles, change in Notification panel & volume controls, improved performance, and more. Apart from these changes, Asus also updated a bunch of system apps, integrated PowerMaster feature in battery settings, new editing page in Gallery app, updated ZenUI design, and more. Here you can check the complete list of changes from the changelog.
Changelog for the Android 11 Stable Update for the Asus ROG Phone 3
1. Install Android 11 on your device. 2. There are still certain third-party apps that aren’t compatible with Android 11. 3. Make a backup of your data before upgrading. You can utilize the official software package to downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10, however all data will be erased. 4. Import the new ZenUI interface design into your application. 5. Update the smart housekeeping, contacts, phone, file management, computer, clock, photo library, weather, recording program, settings, one-key replacement, local backup, boot wizard, system update, and so on. 6. One-time permissions, better file access permission control, and automatic permission reset are all supported. Other security features 7. Support for maintaining a Bluetooth connection when in flight mode 8. Change the notification bar layout to accommodate the display of ongoing conversation notifications in Android 11. 9. The power button menu in its old layout enables Android 11 device control and Google Pay. 10. Change the style, change the system color automatically, and return to the advanced gestures, SIM card, and other settings options. Remove the one-handed mode from the equation. 11. Notification preferences Notification records and dialog options have been added. 12. The power control feature of the smart housekeeper is integrated into the battery setting. 13. Additional power control features, including as low-speed charging, charging upper limit selection, and scheduled charging, have been added to the battery settings. Other settings include advanced options, custom battery mode, application sleep, and more. 14. Modify the interface of the quick setting panel. Support for the media control feature. Option to share with people in your immediate vicinity has been introduced (need to be added manually). 15. Long tap the app icon above the task card on the recent applications page to add options like lock apps, screenshots, and sharing. 16. The computer is built to adapt to the most recent native style. 17. The phone’s call record setting now includes the option to display blocked calls. 18. The status bar icon’s size has been fine-tuned to preserve display consistency. 19. A date setting alarm and a group alarm capability have been added to the clock. 20. A new editing page is available in the image library. 21. Updated to Android 11 specs, including new screenshot and screen recording places. 22. Updates the one-key switch’s conversion data. The standard check logic 23. Modifies the boot wizard’s related pages 24. Update settings for the system Logic for adjustment and updating
Android 11 Update for the Asus ROG Phone 3 (Stable)
Asus is kicking-off the new Android 11 update in a staged manner, will be available to everyone in the coming days. The update is already listed on the Taiwanese support page, so if you’re using the ROG Phone 3 then I suggest you to manually check the system updates, as there are sometimes when OTA notification does not arrive. Check the new updates by heading over to the Settings app > System > Software Update, if the update is available then tap on Download and Install.
You can wait a few days if the update isn’t available on your device; staged rollouts take time to reach every smartphone.
Make a backup of your vital data before updating your smartphone. Also, make sure your smartphone is charged to at least 30%.
If you have any questions, please post them in the comments section below. Also, please spread the word about this post to your friends.
More Related Content:
The Asus Republic of Gamers (ROG) series of smartphones are some of the best-performing Android devices money can buy. They’re also the most customizable, with a fully-loaded version of Android that gives users access to the performance of the top smartphone chipsets on the market. Now, a new firmware update is rolling out to the Asus ROG phone 3, bringing with it the stable Android 11 OS.. Read more about rog 3 android 11 download and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- asus rog phone 3 android 11 download
- asus rog phone 3 android 11 release date
- rog phone 3 android 11 update
- rog 3 android 11 update
- rog 3 android 11 download